Clark State Park

Dorothy’s House & Land of OZ

Dorothy's House was built in 1907 and donated to the Seward County Historical Society. Volunteers moved the house to its present location on the grounds. It has been carefully restored and furnished to replicate the house shown in the movie "The Wizard of Oz", reproducing the warmth of the farmhouse where Dorothy realized that, "There's no place like home." Former governor John Carlin recognized the house as the official home of Dorothy Gale in 1981. The Land of OZ consist of 5,000 square feet of animated entertainment – good and bad witches, the Munchkins, talking trees, winged monkeys, and of course, Dorothy, the Scarecrow, Tin Man, the Cowardly Lion, and Toto, too. The original model of Dorothy’s house used in the 1939 filming of the movie “The Wizard of Oz” is seen in one display.

Read more about this activity here
http://www.dorothyshouse.com